Volcano PLA - 1.75mmFF-VOLC-175
High Strength PLA
Volcano PLA is an industrial grade PLA which is engineered for professional applications that require high printing speeds and improved heat resistance and mechanical properties similar to ABS. Volcano PLA offers the same mechanical and thermal properties – after annealing – as most ABS filaments, but with the biodegradability and ease of printing of PLA. Volcano PLA combines a high heat resistance with high printing speeds and high impact resistance into a PLA-based filament engineered for industrial applications.
- High heat resistance of ≥ 95° C after annealing
- Less than 0.3% shrinkage after annealing
- Roughly 8 times less shrinkage compared to competitor materials available on the market
- Engineered to have excellent dimensional accuracy before and after annealing
- Engineered for high printing speeds of > 120mm/s, Highly crystalline immediately after extruding resulting in increased stiffness and temperature resistance
- Superb mechanical properties comparable to ABS
- Excellent interlayer adhesion
- Matte surface finish
- Temp 220 – 255 C
- Print Speed – High
- Heated Bed – 0 – 60 C
- Nozzle size: ≥ 0.15mm
- Size = 750gms per roll.
Annealing Volcano PLA
Annealing is a secondary process in which a plastic part is heated up to half of the melt temperature for a moderate period of time before letting the plastic part cool back down to room temperature. When the plastic part is reheated (annealed) like this, the material relaxes and internal stresses and/or strains are relieved resulting in improved dimensional stability, reduction/removal of dimensional distortion and defects, and improved physical and thermal properties of the printed (and annealed) plastic object.