PolyMide™️ PA612-CF is a carbon fiber reinforced nylon filament based on a copolymer of Nylon 6 and Nylon 12. Featuring 15% chopped carbon fibers by weight, this filament has lower moisture sensitivity compared to PA6/66 and PA6-based materials, and better mechanical properties than PA12-based materials. Together with Polymaker's Warp-Free™ and Fiber-Adhesion™ technology, PolyMide™️ PA612-CF offers an optimal balance by combining the advantages of both PA6 and PA12 with optimized fiber reinforcement to deliver a high-performance filament with outstanding potential for industrial engineering, tooling, automotive, and end-use applications.
Tip - Although Nylon 612 is less sensitive to moisture, we highly recommend to use a wear resistant nozzle, to print with the PolyBox™ and to keep it at dry conditions (relative humidity of 15% or less) at all times to maintain the best printing results.
- Best of PA6 and PA12 - PolyMide™ PA612-CF is a copolymer combining PA6 and PA12 with 15% chopper carbon fiber to deliver high stiffness, tensile strength and heat resistance with lower moisture sensitivity. PolyMide™ PA612-CF offers the best middle ground between PA6 and PA12 and is a great-all-rounder for real-world applications that require the higher mechanical performance and affordability of short-chain nylon (PA6) with the reduced moisture sensitivity of long-chain nylon (PA12).
- Reduced Moisture Sensitivity - In most applications nylon parts absorb moisture from the air. The water molecule increases toughness and durability of the nylon while reducing strength and stiffness. PA6 is more susceptible to absorbing moisture than PA12 and as a result the mechanical properties of PA6 are effected in some application environments. PolyMide™ PA612-CF is less hygroscopic than PA6-CF making it an ideal and cost-effective alternative to PolyMide™ PA6-CF for parts which may be subject to high humidity.
- Excellent Heat Resistance - Featuring a high heat resistance after annealing, PolyMide™ PA612-CF offers excellent heat resistance for demanding applications where heat and stress are critical design factors.
- Outstanding Layer Adhesion - Most fiber reinforced materials show a decrease in z-axis layer adhesion when compared with their non-fiber reinforced Nylons, producing a part that is only stronger on the X-Y axis but detrimental to the Z axis. Polymakers Fiber Adhesion™ technology improves the layer adhesion of fiber reinforced materials, by optimizing the surface chemistry of the fibers to achieve better dispersion and bonding to the matrix. The implementation of this technology in PolyMide™ PA612-CF not only solves this problem but actually increases Z axis tensile strength creating more isotropic parts that are strong in every direction.
- Warp-Free™ - Warp-Free™ technology enables the production of Nylon-based filaments that can be 3D printed with excellent dimensional stability and near-zero warpage. This is achieved by the fine control of microstructure and crystallization behaviour of Nylon, which enables the material to fully release the internal stress before solidification. The Warp-Free™ technology in PolyMide™ PA612-CF is designed to work best with minimal bed temperatures.
- Excellent Printability – Unlike many other brands of Nylon filament, PolyMide™ PA612-CF is extremely easy to work with, exhibiting excellent dimensional stability during printing. It is compatible with most filament-based 3D printers capable of reaching 260°C nozzle temperature and no heated bed or chamber is required!
- Uncompromised Quality - Polymakers leading quality control process and rigorous in-house testing ensure reliable printing and consistency across spools and batches.
All items are shipped within 24 hours of order (working days).
Want it in 2.85 mm?
This item is available as a special order in 2.85 mm. Simply Contact Us to check availability and order.
Hi I have brought your product PA612 -CF and looking for a spec sheet in relation for warping temp and tensile strength.